[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Nov 14 09:33:39 CST 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:52:50AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:44:40 -0800 (PST)
> Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
>

> > Well, they could be made in the US, is mutilati... errr I mean
> > circumcision still mandatory for most American newborn males? :)
>
> Not since...er...well, a long time anyway - if ever.  Mostly it's done
> for cosmetic reasons, as ridulous as that may seem to some people.  The
> parents of any child have the right to refuse circumcision.

Well, this is probably quite OT at this point, but the reasons for
people keeping "the covenant of Moses" as my old-fashioned Christian
parents referred to it are many and varied; however, there are at
least some health studies which support the practice.

Apparently the foreskin is not unlike my SGI O2 (desperately trying
for ObRescue here) - prone to collecting difficult to remove dirt and
dust in the wrong places.  In the case of the O2, this leads to
overheating, in the latter case it can lead to infection and/or
disease.

--P