[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Nov 14 08:15:40 CST 2003

On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 07:52 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:44:40 -0800 (PST)
> Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
>

>> Well, they could be made in the US, is mutilati... errr I mean
>> circumcision still mandatory for most American newborn males? :)
>
> Not since...er...well, a long time anyway - if ever.  Mostly it's done
> for cosmetic reasons, as ridulous as that may seem to some people.  The
> parents of any child have the right to refuse circumcision.

Sometimes there are old "county" laws on the books that prevent the
parents refusal by law.  Also while a lot of doctors don't have a
problem with refusing there are more than a few who do it anyway and
don't ask/tell the parents until later.

Kind of like the doctors that forcibly change intersex (hermaphrodite)
children into one sex or another without the parents permission.
Although admittedly those cases are supposedly rare.

I didn't even realize this data was in my brain...  :-(

Mike