[rescue] Exabyte 8500S - oui ou non?

Dieter Montanez dieter at plantcomputers.com
Fri Nov 14 03:35:25 CST 2003

I  run my backups on a old "Sparcstorage Library " (aka EXB-210) with a
"Exabyte EXB-8505 8mm Helical Scan tape drive". It takes like
18 hrs (yes eighteen !) to run a full backup twice weekly for 10 FS's with
a total of 35 MB. Average transfer rate is 620 Kb/s  and it uses a total
of 5 cartridges.

It works a whole day , though I do hardly notice it on my SS1000.

regards

Dieter