[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Fri Nov 14 01:14:09 CST 2003

--On Tuesday, November 11, 2003 2:31 PM -0500 "Sheldon T. Hall"
<shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:
> Of course, power outages often coincide with winter storms, so this isn't
> an unreasonable concern.  If the computers are heating the garage, and the
> power goes out ....
>
> However, if the power goes out, the main house has no heat, either, right?
> Unless you have a gas-or-oil-fired gravity furnace, or some antique
> radiator rig, you have to have electricity to run the heat, even if
> electricity isn't the _source_ of the heat.

My Dad was Amish, so he's a big proponent of kerosene heaters.  Mom
and Dad use it in the house during the serious winter cold snaps
as the living room/dining room runs almost the full length of the
house and doesn't warm up well.

Something like that should do for "emergency" heat for the server
room.

=Nadine=