[rescue] What did I just find? Radeon 7000?

Nathan Raymond nate at portents.com
Thu Nov 13 15:42:03 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I'd hold out.  Try and get the Radeon Mac Edition.  The 7000 is not as
> good.  They took out some texturing features in the current card.

Yup, the Radeon Mac Edition is actually what was later known as the Radeon
7200, and it was the first card with hardware transform and lighting from
ATI.  The 7000 was a cost-reduced part designed initially for notebooks,
so it's lower-power, with no hardware T&L, but does support dual-head,
which the 7200/Radeon Mac Edition doesn't.

--
Nathan Raymond