[rescue] What did I just find? Radeon 7000?

Nathan Raymond nate at portents.com
Thu Nov 13 12:58:26 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com wrote:

> > So is it really a MAC firmwared board? Will it work in my B&W OSX 10.2.8?
> > Any idea how much memory?
>
> It's going to be 32 or 64.  AGP or PCI?

32MB if it's a Mac card.  Are you telling me that Sun uses the Mac
(OpenFirmware) cards as Sun parts?!

> > Anyway I checked into it and it turns out Sun told them to pitch it as it is
> > not something they are supporting any longer...*blink*!!
>
> Whoa.  If you run across any more of those - in PCI form - I'll be happy
> to buy one or two off you.  I have two PCI Powermacs that could use good
> video of the ATI type.

You can flash a Radeon 7000 PCI DDR from PC to Mac, and if you can get
your hands on an original ATI Radeon 8500 AGP (with the DVI-I connector,
not DVI-D), then you can flash that as well.  I'm using a flashed Radeon
7000 ($35) and Radeon 8500 ($48) in my custom built Gigabit G4.  Here's
some instruction on flashing I turned up with a quick google search:

http://aex.org/mac/7000.html

--
Nathan Raymond