[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Magnus Hedemark magnus at yonderway.com
Thu Nov 13 05:23:17 CST 2003

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 01:14  AM, sammy ominsky wrote:

> I have the 12" PowerBook, and I can tell you; it may look (and even
> feel!) somewhat fragile, but it ain't. The aluminum case has stood up
> to what I would consider rough treatment very well, thrown off a chair
> by my wife when she was mad at me, dropped on a hard tile floor (while
> open! (damned network cable) tossed in an unpadded bag and hauled
> around on daily errands, etc.

I used to say the same thing about my powerbook.  Give it a little
longer.  My next portable will be the cheaper iBook.  My powerbook held
up to heavy road warrior use for about a year.  Now the metal cover is
pocked with dents, one small tear in the display casing, etc.  The
combo drive only lasted a few months.  The keyboard is pretty flimsy
too, especially if you have ever used anything like say an IBM Thinkpad
T30.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish