[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Nov 12 17:08:53 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:09:45 -0800 (PST)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> said before the Yanks who are doing this show now, are not only
> copying the same concept of a program that is over 10 years old but
> they are doing a rather poor job at it.

Hell, I don't know, I nearly wet my pants last week because I was
laughing so hard.  But, consider the source, I suppose.

> Actually all my early experiences of wrestling (at least of the TV
> kind) were someo sort of comedy, in fact that is what I assumed it
> was. Imagine my surprise when I finally came to the United States and
> found out that some people took that *gasp* serious, and that there
> was no commedy behind it at least from the announcers (well the fact
> that the announcers try to pretend to be broadcasting some sort of
> real sporting event is a comedy in itself, but it is just not the
> same).

The pro wrestling thing confuses me.  I'm as taken aback as you when I
found out that people were serious about this shlock.  I mean, c'mon,
they were all in a *cartoon* in the mid '80s for crying out loud.

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes