[rescue] Exabyte 8500S - oui ou non?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Nov 12 16:06:41 CST 2003

As I recall, '"David L Kindred (Dave)"' wrote:
> Sometimes I wish I went SDLT instead of AIT-2 for the new system.

I wish we'd gone from DLT to SDLT instead of LTO (Ultrium 1)
on our new system.  I've had a number of new bad tapes, tapes
unreadable after write (in several drives in a 12-drive library, so
I know it's not a drive read error), and broken tapes, and LTO
tapes will break if you treat them too roughly, which I know our offsite
contractor does because I've seen steel boxes come back with dents not
in them when they went out.  I NEVER had these problems with our
DLT-IV tapes, also from Fuji.

-DanD

# "I can almost bend steel with my mind. I can bend anything
# if I try hard enough. But you can get too strong like that,
# so you have to be careful." - Martha Stewart to Oprah Winfrey in O Magazine.