[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Nov 12 15:56:05 CST 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, at 2:26 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 02:21:35PM -0500, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
>> Not to mention that, even during my last year (1998?), they had Sparc
>> 10's (SM41/SM51) in the labs.  And, you had to pay for print-outs.
>> Needless to say, I did my projects elsewhere.
>
> Up until I believe it was 2001 or 2002 Millersville had their CS
> students doing most of their work on IPXs.  I think it may have been
> the
> fall of 2001.

We did a lot of our engineering work on Sparcstation Classics.  Maple V
and such.  Our university was a big Sun school.  At the time I was
considering taking a loan out to get an Ultra 1 170 E for 6G's instead
of the 12-14 list price... because of our discount... I'm glad I didn't
... the one semester I was at MD instead of my school (Univ of DE),
they had lots of NeXT black hardware in WAM labs.  Man I wish I had
been around to salvage those.

Andrew