[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at ohno.mrbill.net
Tue Nov 11 14:36:30 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 03:26:56PM -0500, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>  Joshua Boyd said ...
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 01:40:53PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > >
> > > My wife implemented a "volume" policy.  If I bring anything
> > > else in, I have
> > > to get rid of an equivalent physical volume of hardware.
> >
> > Here I thought you meant a volume policy in that if you bring new stuff
> > in, old stuff must leave, such that the sound level stays the same.
>
> Heh, by either definition of "volume" I'd have to ditch a _bunch_ of other
> stuff to balance out the  Challenge ....

Yeah.  In my case, if either was the rule, I'd have to get rid of
stuff.  If the rule was sonic volume, I'd have to chuck everything.  If
it was physical volume, I'd only have to chuck half the stuff.

Thankfully, it doesn't work quite like that for me.  I either have to
fit it into a predefined space, or suggest a reasonable alternative
place to put it.

Alas, for the apartment, there is no way to get an Onyx in past her.
Well, I could, but she would be very angry.  However, I do have another
place I could place and operate such things.

She did support me in spending money to buy smaller machines to replace
a bigger one though.