[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Magnus Hedemark magnus at yonderway.com
Tue Nov 11 12:37:12 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> She's not even that unhappy about parking the car outside.  She just can't
> figure out _why_ I want something like that ... and sometimes, I can't
> either!  I'm sure my "collection" is pretty paltry compared to some other
> folks on the list, and way less than half of it is even hooked up, but it
> takes up space and time.  No money, particularly, though.

My wife doesn't understand it, but doesn't try.  I have my space, she has
hers, and as long as my stuff stays in my space it's all good.  If I have
too many machines on, and spin up the meter, she'll proactively worry a
bit about our next power bill but if I have them running for a reason then
I don't get a lot of crap.  After all, I'm bringing in the only income so
it's not like I'm eating into her income or anything if the bills go up.

--Magnus