[rescue] Re: Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Michael Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Tue Nov 11 12:33:31 CST 2003

>So ... what _am_ I going to do with it?  I'm not much on graphics, and it
>doesn't have a framebuffer, anyway.  It's only 10baseT, so massive
>fileserving would seem unlikely.  I know some of you guys have _big_ stuff
>at home, and I'm not just talking McGuire and his Cray.  I need a story
>here, so give me some ideas, and, while you're at it, some real-life
>examples of what you do with your BigStuffAtHome.
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Shel

I always tell people that Big Iron is a journey, not a destination. The fun
and challenge is in getting the machine assembled and running, not doing
anything practical with it. When my wife questions the latest load of
equipment I tell here that it is borrowed from the local computer museum
and that as soon as it is restored and running it will go back. There is a
bit of truth in that statement.

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net