[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Magnus Hedemark magnus at yonderway.com
Tue Nov 11 11:02:29 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> So ... what _am_ I going to do with it?  I'm not much on graphics, and it
> doesn't have a framebuffer, anyway.  It's only 10baseT, so massive
> fileserving would seem unlikely.  I know some of you guys have _big_ stuff
> at home, and I'm not just talking McGuire and his Cray.  I need a story
> here, so give me some ideas, and, while you're at it, some real-life
> examples of what you do with your BigStuffAtHome.

http://gallery.yonderway.com

The baby pictures are hidden from anonymous users, and get my wife pretty
fired up.  You don't need fast ethernet for Gallery to run well, but it
can be processor & I/O intensive when you are importing your digital
pictures (as it resizes into a thumbnail and a midsize preview for each
shot).

My extended family uses this to order prints of our baby pictures (it has
hooks into Shutterfly.com)