[rescue] Spaceball + IRIX?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Nov 11 08:58:36 CST 2003

Clarification: that is different for Win32.

Those apps were IRIS GL or OpenGL under IRIX, but i don't believe that was the case for the
interfaces (buttons and so forth) for their Win32 counterparts (well PA never had a Win32
counterpart unless you count Maya.)

Speaking of older 3D apps, does anyone here have a copy of ElectroGIG for linux?  Back in '97 or so
they released it as a free download but the company has since fallen off the face of the earth.  I
grabbed it back then but for the life of me i can't find the CD that contained it.

/KRM

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:47:34 -0600
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at ohno.mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 09:40:27AM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> > Yeah, Blender has it's own way of doing things that are not simpatico with what 3D old timers
> > might be used to.  I've played with it here and there but never could get into it.  I did like
> > the fact that everything in Blender is OpenGL.  That's different.
>
> Softimage 3D, PowerAnimator, Mirai, and Houdini are all virtually all
> GL.  Not to mention Combustion, and the FFI products.  It used to be the
> way everything was done.

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a cornered badger on
amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/