[rescue] Sun3 SunOS 4.x help

barryc barryc at rjlsystems.com
Tue Nov 11 07:27:23 CST 2003

Curtis,

I really appreciate the offer.
If you'd be kind enough to rip the ISO, I'd really appreciate it.  Unless you
already have a machine you can upload to that I can access via HTTP or FTP, I'll
look into setting up Anonymous FTP on one of our machines so you can upload it
here.

I'm also doing some reading on setting up a net boot server.  I've never done it
before.  According to the docs I've found, the fact that the boot server is
going to be of a different architecture should not be a problem.  (it should
just add a step to the boot process)

On another note, do you know if a QIC-150(150MB) drive should be capable of
reading a QIC-24(60MB) tape.  Since the tapes appear to be physically identical,
I've been assuming that it should work....  'Course, I'd also been assuming that
since the QIC-150 drives were removed from Sun3/470s that the 3/80 ought to be
able to use them, which may not be a valid assumption to make.  One of the 470s
still in our boneyard has two tape drives installed, and one of them is marked
as being 60MB...  I think I'll try using that drive on the 3/80 this morning and
see how it goes.

Barry