[rescue] Challenge L Rescue

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at ohno.mrbill.net
Mon Nov 10 07:45:39 CST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 07:19:56PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> A friend of mine told me I could have one of these, with 4+ CPUs
> and several RAM and controller boards.

Hey, if you dont't want/can't take it, then share the love.

> I have never gotten it because it seems like it would be too large and
> draw too much power (I have a single 15A circuit for my two Sun's and a
> PC).  Nothing else is over 15A.

> Anyone know what the real power requirements are for one as above, and
> with maybe 4 hard drives?

I've heard reports that an Onyx, not fully loaded might take around 9
amps.  A challenge should take less since I don't believe it would have
anything to replace the powerdraw from the graphics boards.

If you have two suns and a PC, assuming the two suns are something like
SS10 or SS20 or U1, then you just might be able to power a challenge
from the same circuit.

Otherwise, time to add another circuit.