[rescue] I have an SGI crimson at last!

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Sat May 31 20:33:20 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 21:14, Jona Sperty wrote:
> I have one! I am so excited! It is a crimson VGX but I'm trying to ID the cards it has....it seems to have more cards....SO EXCITING!

Congradulations.   hinv -v might spit out something useful, to id the
cards.

Is it a true Crimson w/ the red and gray skins, or a power series
upgrade w/ the brown and blue?

> It came with 2x 2.4 GB full height drives....what are my options here?

Options how?   It'll run IRIX 6.2 if you've a reasonably full compliment
of memory.

The 3 main things I've learned with mine..

1) They're heavy.

2) They make the power meter whir rather nicely (or painfully depending
on your point of view)
.
3) 4yr old little boys _LOVE_ to stand in front of them, and play on
"their" computer.  :-) :-) :-)

#2 keeps me from leaving mine on.  #3 keeps me keeping it..