[rescue] Tadpole 3gx questions

Martin Marshall martinm at allwest.net
Sat May 31 17:50:57 CDT 2003

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the user's guide (200+ pgae pdf) for a Tadpole SparcBook
> 3gx. It used to be at tapdole's website, but it's gone now. All the places
> I found that had it only had a link to tadpole. :-(

Go to:

http://216.92.115.22/exec.php?p=serv-manuals

Get the 3000 Series User Guide and the 3GX Technical Guide pdf's at the
bottom of the page.

> And a question: How do I run it on external power if I'm not using the ac
> adaptor? My battery is only good for 15 minutes and I would like to run it
> on external power besides the ac adaptor. Anyone have any ideas on what to
> use?

I've run mine on a car battery, using an inverter and that AC adapter (I
know this is inefficient, but it works).  At one time, Tadpole offered
an auto adapter, but I've never seen one "in the flesh".

HTH,
Martin