[rescue] Re: hp kayak price estimate?

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 30 04:12:13 CDT 2003

>Not exactly Sun hardware, but I've seen lots of IA related articles here
>lately ;)
>
>This system is for sale in the Netherlands; seller want about 450
>euro's. For a generic P3 system I don't think the configuration would be
>worth more than 150-200, but does anyone got an idea what the extra
>value of the Kayak series is (except for the cool case? ;)
>
>HP Kayak Workstation
>P-III 667 slot 1
>Dual processor board
>256MB Rambus
>32x CDROM
>NVidia TNT AGP video
>9.1 RPM Quatum Atlas U2W 7200 RPM
>Sym U2W SCSI controller
>Floppydrive
>3COM 10/100 NIC
>
>greets,
>Klaasjan

Hmm - 450 euro seems a little expensive for that system (of course your market might be different to mine). The Kayak is a nicely built system, but it contains nothing to differentiate it from the systems produced by other PC vendors. You might as well buy a used Dell Precision and save some $$.

Regards,

Gavin