[rescue] Various

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Thu May 29 15:16:45 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 11:36, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> From: Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Various
> Date: 29 May 2003 13:12:34 -0500
>
> On Thu, 29 May 2003, Brent B. Powers wrote:
>
> > I seem to recall that Slot 7 was Intel PIII, and Socket 7 was AMD
> > Athlon (Thunderbird or Duron)
>
> Slot 1 was Intel PII/PIII.  Socket 5 was Pentiums without split-voltage.
> Socket 7 was Peniums with split-voltage (ie: MMX) and AMX K6 family

Almost correct...  Socket 7 is available in both split-voltage and
non-split-voltage variants.  I don't believe there is a hard and fast
speed where the split occurs (that is, I think 90MHz Pentiums were
available in both Socket 5 and Socket 7 varieties).  Oh, and there's no
"Slot 7", yet.  (Slot 8 may very well exist, think James Bond)

On a related note, does anybody know what the fastest non-split-voltage
Socket 7 CPU I can get is?  I was thinking of swapping out the WinChip
200 in my iOpener Xterm for something with a little more balls.
	Greg

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]