[rescue] q concerning freeware.sgi.com

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 29 09:54:46 CDT 2003

Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:

> I'm sure there is a more elegant solution but i just ftp'd the
> entire "Dist" dir to my NFS box, untarred and pointed swmgr to
> that location.

I don't think there's anything more elegant - outside of building every
damnable package from source, which I just don't have the time for.

This is the prefered method for most other SGI freeware, and if the desired
software was xmms, this is the route I'd suggest also.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."