[rescue] Re: NeXT cube question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu May 29 09:35:24 CDT 2003

Speaking of Next stuff... look at what this moron is doing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2732613729&category=4610

he has two of these listed on ebay right now....

If anyone needs some spare next parts, this might be the right guy to
e-mail (well, if you need a cpu board anyway).

blech...

-- Curt

>Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:04:49 +1200
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>From: Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz>
>Subject: [rescue] Re: NeXT cube question
>
>>On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 04:35 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>>> That's cheap compared to what Black Hole is selling them for.  A Turbo
>>> cube mobo alone is $899.
>>
>>   You mean "what Black Hole is asking for them".  I'd be shocked if
>>they were actually *selling* any at those ridiculous prices.
>>
>>   I've got a SPARCstation-5 for sale.  Asking $1250.00.
>>
>>       -Dave
>>

>Heh
>
>A funny blackholeinc story. Over a year ago I was reasearching black NeXT
hardware and I came across the blackholeinc.com website. For reasons unknown,
the guy who runs blackholeinc has put his personal blog on the site. Go to the
'about' link on the main page to access it as it follows from the FAQ. Like most
blogs, it consists of page after page of rambling drivel - though it does give
some insight into the author. He is clearly derranged.

>However if you plow through the blog you'll eventually get to page 9
(http://www.blackholeinc.com/about/page9.shtml). Scroll down to the picture of
the football and you'll come across the following:

>"12/24/01 Santa is Fast, very Fast.Ho Ho HoVaroooooom! Santa seriously gives
away a NeXTSTATION or refurbished NeXT laser Printer to the first respondent, to
e-mail sales at blackholeinc.com and tell us why you love this soap opera for men,
if this is still here without comment it hasn't been discovered yet! The force
is strong with this one, you'll have to cover shipping!"

>This blog is so bad that I'm prepared to wager I'm the only person who has
_ever_ made it this far. After all, the offer was there the first time I read
through the blog in early 2002. Is anybody game enough to email him to see if
they can score a free NeXTStation?