[rescue] What' this (IBM Gear)

Brent B. Powers sunrescue at b2pi.com
Thu May 29 08:27:04 CDT 2003

    Dave> On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 05:26 PM, Al Potter wrote:
    >> Thanks to all for the replies.
    >>
    >> I decided to pass, as I was hoping it was a PPC box.

    Dave>    Uhhhhhh

    Dave>    This is better than a PPC box.  The PPC is a scaled-down
    Dave> version of the processor that's in that box.

    Dave>    Indeed, I have run AIX/PPC netscape binary on a
    Dave> POWER2-based RS/6000 (model 3CT). ;)

Well, if it's any consolation to anyone, at least it went to a list
member.  I presume I'll be running AIX on it, and you may be assured
I'll come groveling for help with it.

Seems as though it had either a 10bt or 100bt port on the back. Are
the disks just standard SCSI-II, will it take wides, do I need some
sort of odd spud like thing?

What about the CD? Is it a normal CD, or do I need to spring for
something odd.

Finally, where do I get AIX? and what about the boy?