[rescue] NeXT cube question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed May 28 07:23:54 CDT 2003

KRM <kevin at pipeline.com> wrote:

> NeXT made a version of NeXTSTEP for SPARCs?  I wasn't aware of that.
> Was it at all popluar in it's day?
>
> /KRM
>
> Steve Hatle wrote:
>

> >An SS10 or 20 is a _great_ NeXTSTEP box. Only one CPU is supported,
> >though. Don't know about the HP's personally, but I've heard they are
> >nice, too.

I'm fairly certain that was actually OpenStep.  IIRC, the name changed as
soon as they got it running on other platforms.  I know of at least one
company that runs all their stuff on OpenStep for i386.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."