[rescue] NeXT cube question

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue May 27 19:50:29 CDT 2003

Hi Lads

I've seen a NeXT cube being advertised for $350 on a web-bulletin board with the following configuration:

<<
NeXT Cube:
68040 at 25 MHz
28 MB RAM (has 8 slots for 30 pin SIMMs)
1.3 GB internal SCSI HD
MO drive (not tested, but believed to be functional; has the filter)
External SCSI 2.88 MB floppy drive

17" NeXT Megapixel monitor
Non-ADB keyboard and mouse

NextStep 3.3 already loaded. Manuals, Lotus Improv, and Adobe Illustrator included. Also the amazing NeXT Screwdriver.

Floppy drive needs LRF support. Mouse and keyboard have some wear, and most parts have some dust. A few minor scratches on the Cube, but nothing major.

Is this a decent configuration for the asking price, or should I wait for a system with the better graphics option to become available.

Regards,

Gavin