[rescue] Ultra 1 CPU fan replaced

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue May 27 19:35:09 CDT 2003

Hello list

I have an Ultra 1 (170E) in my office that I use as a hardware test-station and install server. The CPU fan has been acting up recently to the point where it sometimes stops and has to be restarted by hand. To counter this I've been leaving the system turned off when not under direct supervision.

I just wanted to say that Sun have sent me a (user-installable) replacement fan under FCO #A0089-1. Some people have reported that this FCO is inactive - so perhaps it depends on the FE who picks up the call. FWIW my system isn't under Sun contract support.

Thank-you Sun.

Regards,

Gavin