[rescue] Throw me a bone please

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Tue May 27 10:54:17 CDT 2003

	Ok, I admit it, I have hit deep water with this sunfire config and
could use a pointer.
	This is a sunfire 280R with 2 900mhz procs and 2 GB RAM. I have the
system up and running and the storedge D2 attached to it. I have the OS
patched with the recommended files. I have the patches in place in order to
make the Ultra3 PCI card work and talk to the Storedge. Format shows the
drives in the storedge now and devfsadm(think that was the command) has put
the disks in /dev/disk. SunVTS runs and says I have no problems. Format is
currently formatting one of the drives in the storedge to the tune of 332
minutes (that is a joke right?).
	Here is my problem that I cannot Grok. I want to take the four disks
(36GB) in the storedge and make them into one large mount point with the
name /TAMP. Raid would be a good thing in this, preferable 5 if I can get
it. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do this. I read the docs
and they seem, to me, to be skipping something that they are assuming I
know. A lot like when you go to work on the car from the manual and it
starts out with "Step 1, remove the engine" which sounds easy until you try
it. Can someone please point me in the direction I should be looking? Better
yet point and tell would be great.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org