[rescue] Today's score and a Question

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue May 27 00:47:11 CDT 2003

Today's rescue (well, a cheap score, anyway):

G4 400 w/512MB of RAM, a legit copy of OS X 10.2,
and a 15" LCD (Compaq, eh) for $350.  Apparently
has a dead hard drive.  Could be a dead IDE bus,
but I'm in preliminary diagnosis at the moment (it's
chiming, so it can't be all that bad).

If anyone is interested in buying/swapping the LCD,
drop me a line, I'll send you the specs.

Anyway, my question...

Could someone please tell me the "standard" size of
mounting screw for 2.5" laptop hard drives?  I need to
get some for a laptop I'm repairing, but would rather
track them down via the cheap avenue rather than
the expensive (computer store) avenue.

Thanks--
=Nadine=
--