[rescue] libpthread.a on Solaris 8?

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Sat May 24 20:43:38 CDT 2003

Why not just create your own Solaris boot cd's?  It sounds
like you were considering that anyways.

/usr/lib/libpthread.so is in the standard CD boot image, along
with X, window manager, etc..

Personally, if I were desperate, and unable to create my own boot CD's,
I'd still..

boot cdrom -s
<wait for # prompt>
ifconfig <if> 1.2.3.4 up
ftp <somewhere else>
get recovery_program.

(I do presume the application is bigger than a floppy)

This looks to be a reasonable starting place for creating bootable
Solaris CDs:  http://mah.everybody.org/docs/bootable-cdrom-for-solaris

Of course, I suspect this is somewhat off topic...  if we're not
careful, I'll start asking for schematics for this 1964 GE vacuum tubed
radio I "rescued" today from the antique shop.. :-) :-)

David