[rescue] libpthread.a on Solaris 8?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat May 24 00:00:03 CDT 2003

I don't see why you couldn't boot an install CD, or a netboot
environment, and access your compiled binary through the net,
floppy, or cd, without putting anything onto the drives.

I'd suggest a netboot environment as you can have everything the
way you want including your binary and all, and have everything
preset...  just boot net, and restore your machine.  After
setting up several boxes using Jumpstart, I wouldn't go back to
a CD install.... don't know why the CD install has to be so
inefficient.... but the Jumpstart way is much faster (even on a
10Mbit network).

-- Curt