[rescue] Octane Gigabit

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Fri May 23 20:31:55 CDT 2003

> Unless i'm mistaken, that would include the Netgear GA620 cards, of
> which i already have several (they support jumbo frames, although i
> don't know about IRIX.)  So now i just need a $200 cage and i can give
> it a shot.  Is there any performance hit taken from using the PCI cage
> as opposed to native cards?
>
> Thanks,
> /KRM

Well, the cage shouldn't be $200. I think they are usually listed for
~$100 BIN. I have some Netgear cards, an octane with a cage, and a switch
to connect it too, but the cards are in Vancouver and I am not.

I can try to see if they are being used and have one shipped back here and
test it out for you.

shawn