[rescue] VersysS

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu May 22 18:27:47 CDT 2003

I have a computer that I rescued some time ago (dumpster).

It is a custom 386 platform.

The company is VersysS

The box boots, and thankfully has no root password.

It is running AT&T Unix System5/386 3.2

It appears to have 8Meg of RAM.

It has a 1/4" tape drive (I think 150M) and a 500 Meg SCSI HD (Fujitsu).

Unfortunately it does not have a network interface.

It also doesn't appear to have a compiler.. <sigh>.

What I was hoping to do is to use PPP over serial to get this baby
on the network (although I don't know that the installed kernel supports
any networking).  There is a spot for a network option, but this box
doesn't have it.

It's kinda a lump in this state....

Anyone got any suggestions... anyone familiar with these boxes ?

I doubt this is PC arch... definately appears all custom, and does
not take traditional ISA/etc cards (I've only dived in briefly, but
the chassis would not support cards in the PC sense).

Hope someone has some clues here...  maybe some install media (1/4"
tape I assume), anyone got a network option for it ? :-)

It is model 8000-0150.

-- Curt

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks
rescue at hawkmountain.net

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices