[rescue] Hark, something from the depths of the storage closet!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 12:40:36 CDT 2003

--- "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > Personally, I find it humorous that 'true' has a built-in help
> > system...
>
> Are you talking about GNU true?  I'm just surprised that it can't
> check or send electronic mail.

>From Solaris 9 (don't worry, I removed all the proprietary source code,
I am sure this disclaimer would be considered "fair use"):

#!/usr/bin/sh
#       Copyright (c) 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 AT&T
#         All Rights Reserved

#       THIS IS UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE OF AT&T
#       The copyright notice above does not evidence any
#       actual or intended publication of such source code.

#ident  "@(#)true.sh    1.6     93/01/11 SMI"   /* SVr4.0 1.4   */

One question - do I read this right, has this gone through *six*
revisions (the 1.6 in the ident line)? Also, this code has been bug
free for over 10 years!

Yeah!

=====
Lionel