[rescue] Hark, something from the depths of the storage closet!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 12:29:43 CDT 2003

This reminds me of "IEFBR14" in MVS JCL - it does nothing but return a
successful COND code and returns control to JCL. The magic is that MVS
JCL does file allocation, removal, etc. in JCL, and by making IEFBR14
the program in a given JCL step, you can exploit that feature in the
middle of a job stream...

Initially it was one instruction, but later, IBM improved it by adding
a "clear register" command to ensure the returned code was zero (it
previously depended onthe COND code being set to zero on invocation.

Sorry, history lesson over...

Personally, I find it humorous that 'true' has a built-in help
system...

=====
Lionel