[rescue] IRIS indigo help.... please PIONEER QUESTION

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat May 17 14:58:45 CDT 2003

> Yes I want to use the disk shelf as the source for the install can I
> transfer the CD's to the shelf what filesystem/format will the
> installer require and then plug it into the IRIS (giving me the CD's
> directories connected to the IRIS)

Just create a xfs filesystem on your shelf and cp the contents of the
CDs into that dir.  You're going to have to modify the command sequence
for installing from the shelf, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

> ALSO can I use an old pioneer DRM-600 4 disk SCSI to run the install
> it's my only attachable CD drive

Dunno.  Is it, or can it be, set at 512byte-blocks?  If so, chances are
the Indigo will boot from it.

> > >  is there a better way to do this ?
> >
> > http://futuretech.mirror.vuurwerk.net/netboot.html
>
> thank you I'm reading it now
> woh too much for me
> I'll keep trying

It's really quite easy.  It's verbose, but the process is simple.

--
Kurt             "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it
kurt at k-huhn.com   would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."