[rescue] Hark, something from the depths of the storage closet!

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Sat May 17 12:59:39 CDT 2003

At a quick look, the elks stuff looks really good. I have a handful of
'186-based STDBUS boards that I've been trying to find something cool to do
with. Being able to run even a limited *nix on them would rock hard.

Not to mention my IMSAI 8080 with the V30.

On Sat, 17 May 2003 09:47:21 -0700 (PDT), Lionel Peterson
<lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Coherent ran nice, but no networking (dial-up yes, ethernet no),
> IIRC...
>
> I ran it on a TI lapop with a 286 CPU & 2-3 meg RAM
>
> Lionel
>
> --- vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> > > You could give minix a try too, here is a minix 286 webserver :)
> > >
> > > http://phoenix.anomic.net/
> >
> > And if you prefer Linux, there's ELKS.
> >
> > http://elks.sourceforge.net/

---
Do not try to imitate the lark or the nightingale, if you can't do it. If it's
your destiny to croak like a toad, then go ahead! And with all your might!
Make them hear you! -Louis-Ferdinand Celine