[rescue] IRIS indigo help.... please

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat May 17 11:50:31 CDT 2003

On 2003.05.17 10:43 Andrew Giedraitis wrote:

>  I have an IRIS   (indigo 1)(footwarmer)(coffee-maker)
[...]
>  I understand it is still supported by 6.5.1  (barely)?
If it is a R4000 CPU machine, yes.
>  Is it supported by 6.5.14?
If it runs 6.5.1, it will run 6.5.anything.

>  will the IRIS be able to see the shelfs files
Why not? You will have to mount the disks in the shelf manually.
Installation should go as usual once you have toled inst where to find
the packages.
>  is there a unix command to copy completely from the CD to
> the selected disks
It should work if you copy all packages from all CDs into one big
directory. (At least this works well for the IRIX FreeWare.)
>  is there a better way to do this ?
Network install from the Indigo2?
--

tsch|_,