[rescue] Re: Drive Reliability (was SCSI drive for sale at buy.com)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri May 16 15:59:25 CDT 2003

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 04:53 PM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
>>> a) It's burned into your brain after configuring so many systems.
>>> b) You have no life and spend all your time memorizing computer
>>> trivia.
>>> c) You're a sick bastid.
>>> d) All of the above. You're on this list, right?
>>>
>>>  :)
>>
>>    Hmm.  "d". ;)
>
> I never hoped to meet people who could remember stuff about "30 meg
> old"
> drives, type numbers, what standards they comply to and god DAMD
> GEOMETRY
> settings!
>
> I did fear it though :-D

   Oh shit, that's nothing...You must be a young'n!  Would you like to
hear about the DEC RK05, which was a 2.5MB removable 14" cartridge hard
drive introduced in the early 1970s? ;)

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Goro