[rescue] Hark, something from the depths of the storage closet!

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Fri May 16 15:53:56 CDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 13:19:34 -0700 (PDT), Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez
<lefa at ucsc.edu> wrote:

> > And here I've been wondering how to run *nix on my 286.
>
> You could give minix a try too, here is a minix 286 webserver :)
>
> http://phoenix.anomic.net/

On Fri, 16 May 2003 16:35:36 -0400 (EDT), David Holland
<dholland at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 May 2003, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
>
> > And here I've been wondering how to run *nix on my 286.
>
> If your just wanting Unix-alike, and not necessarily true/full POSIX
semantics
> try Minix.  It'll even run on a 8086 w/ a couple of 360K floppies.
>
> David
>
> >  :)

Cool, thanks both of you. I might be able to find more uses for this...

---
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage
to change the things I can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I
had to kill because they pissed me off.