[rescue] Rescues I passed up recently

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu May 15 18:55:23 CDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 04:10 pm, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I think the manufacturer was Chyron.
>
> Any clues as to what the VME thingy was... I speculated something for
> interactive television... (teleprompter?)  There is a TV production
> company in that building who I think was throwing the machine away.

Yup, Chyron is/was a big name in broadcast TV CGs.  A CG is a "character
generator", responsible for all the crawls, graphic pages, titling,
journalists' names at the bottom of the screen... you name it.  We had a
Chyron Max or Maxine (can't remember which) at Georgia Tech before
upgrading..  it's been so long, I can't remember what we upgraded to.
Definately a later edition Chyron.

Too bad, I think that would've been kinda cool to have.

-E.