[rescue] VAXstation questions

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Thu May 15 01:12:57 CDT 2003

"Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." wrote:

> What is "washing-up liquid" ?

That's right out of a swedish->english translation webpage. I didn't
find the correct word at the time. :-)

> I wouldn't mind finding the magical equation of safe stuff to use to
> do exactly what you do (clean the boards of these rescues).
> Distilled water is easy, but what cleaners can be used that won't harm
> the chips, boards, cables, labels, etc...

SO far, nothing has ever failed upon me. Neither has the stuff been
anywhere near worth plenty of money, so I'd figure "what the heck - if
it fails, it fails".

I do it, and if nothing goes wrong, I'll proceed with it. If things
break, well, then your theories are true and I'll stop harming my
equipment.

/Bjorn