[rescue] Pentium II/III heat sink clips

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu May 15 00:49:06 CDT 2003

OK... now this is going to be a weird one (maybe)...

But I have a few slot 1 processors, a few heatsinks, but the clips
I have for them are those half ass things you see on most P3 CPUS
... you know... the black plastic ones that are essentially designed
for installation, and then... not removal... the ones that go through
the heatsink and "snap" into the holes in the cpu...

Well, they don't grab well enough... I can pull them out by hand...

However, a heatsink clip from an older pentium II CPU/heatsink works
nicely on it...  the metal type that come through from the plastic
side and clips onto the heatsink...

So... anyone got any of these clips from old pulled or dead fanned
heatsinks ????  Looking for as many as I can get my hands on...

In ASCII art it would like like this from the top:

 _          _
| \   __   / |
|  \_|  |_/  |
|  __    __  |
| |  |  |  | |
| |__|  |__| |
|   _    _   |
|  / |__| \  |

and from the top/bottom edges:

So... after the artistic rendition above... anyone got any ?
Or know of where to get any ?

-- Curt