[rescue] Re: Drive Reliability (was SCSI drive for sale at buy.com)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed May 14 23:25:09 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 11:51 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Well... I'll drool a bit... but I already have a few decent sized MFM
> drives, and not a lot of rescues that would need one... so if you want
> it,
> and he's willing to sell it... I won't dehydrate drooling :-)

   Well, we'll see what he comes up with...Jeff?

> true... MFM and RLL are probably both not very fitting names for their
> interfaces... but did fall into popular use, so I'm sure everyone
> understood
> what I meant.... but the history lessons are always cool... lest we
> forget
> the past...

   Oh it wasn't my intention to criticize what you'd said; it's just
that things like this tend to stick in my memory pretty well, and I
find them fascinating, so I thought I'd babble a bit.

   Forgetting the past is a terrible, terrible thing.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Goro