[rescue] Re: Drive Reliability (was SCSI drive for sale at buy.com)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed May 14 18:23:28 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 07:19 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Well, if you ever go to dispose of any high capcity (100MB or higher)
> MFM drives... don't toss em... just e-mail me... depending on what
> you have, I'll pay the shiping to save it.

   MFM drives >100MB are pretty uncommon...the interface only tops out
at 190MB (unformatted).  The Maxtor XT2190 (a.k.a. DEC RD54) is
theoretically the highest capacity MFM drive possible.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Goro