[rescue] VAXstation questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed May 14 03:22:44 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 04:18 AM, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:
>>> When I think of it; I've got an *original* DAT-tape here with OpenVMS
>>> VAX/AXP V6.1 on it. From 1994. :-)
>>
>>    Hmm. :-)  Not to one-up you or anything, but I've got MicroVMS v4.5
>> on RX50 floppies.
>
> Oh. Nice. :-)

   Well...it'll be nice if they're still readable.  I have a
VAXstation-I here that I'd like to get up & running.  I've done
installations from this set of floppies, but in something like 1988.
(EIGHTY eight, that is!) :-/

> Got DEC OSF/1 V1.3A and V1.3B here on CD also... hehe

   Sweet!

> Can't find anything older on VMS other than 5.5 Remastered though.

   Hmm, bummer.  4.7 should be around somewhere; that was a VERY popular
release.  A lot of people stuck with it long after 5.x hit the streets
due to the big performance hit of moving to 5.x.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Goro