[rescue] VAXstation questions

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Wed May 14 02:36:30 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

> > Seems I'm good at getting toasted stuff....
>
>    Don't give up yet.  These machines, unlike PeeCees, are damn near
> indestructible.  Seriously.  I've literally gotten MicroVAX-3100s out
> of *mud puddles* at a surplus yard and had them work just fine.

I've taken apart a couple of machines (SGI, DEC and Sun) and cleaned
them thoroughly with washing-up liquid and hot water. I'm keeping a
better-safe-than-sorry aproach and let the boards dry for a week or two.
:-)

I'ts wonderful to see the boards coming from "dustful wreck" into a
brand-new look.

/Bjorn