[rescue] OT?: DINKs/job-hunting [was Older-new mac stuff]

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue May 13 20:43:11 CDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:27:24 -0400, "Phil Stracchino"
<alaric at caerllewys.net> said:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 05:20:14PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
> > *sigh*  Some days I hate not being a DINK* even worse than usual.
>
> As against ... ?

NINK.  No income, no kids?!?

One of us has a job--well, he started a business, but it's not paying a
salary yet.  Me--apparently I am without redeeming value, or at least
all of the employers I've applied at appear to think so.

(You know you are in trouble when the manager who interviews you at
the large consumer electronics chain is young enough to be your kid.)

Could I get a couple of rescuers who have a few minutes to look over
my resume and be vicious with it?  I need some honest feedback--I
think my friends are being too nice b/c they feel bad about my situation.
(Not knocking them for it, just sometimes you need a kick in the behind.)

Thanks--
=Nadine=

--
  N. Miller