[rescue] what is this ebay item

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue May 13 13:59:10 CDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:27:14AM -0700, lz wrote:
> does anyone know what this is? it looks like an ultra 2 in a rack mount case,
> but i don't know much about the later sun stuff.... whats it worth?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewitem&item=3023297397

If you follow the details link in the auction, you can get to
http://www.integrix.com/products/servers/rs2.html

which says it's a dual processor Ultra. This hints at U2 class.

Built around UltraSPARC. technology, the RS2 delivers unparalleled speed and performance with up to 400MHz dual processors and 2GB of memory. Equipped with two internal Fast-Wide SCSI-2 hard drives, 100 base-T fast Ethernet, and a host of standard SBus capabilities, the RS2 handles multiple users and applications with ease.

I have an Integrix Ultra 1 like this.

I'm guessing from the "4791" part number on the cpu that it's a 501-4791
CPU pictured. I've seen a few CPUs with the last part of the number on
the manufacturer update sticker like that. YMMV of course.

The shipping seems a wee bit high for ground, but if it's very well
packaged that might be okay. Nice price on the base though.

--Rob

   501-4791 - 200 MHz, ultraSPARC module, 5ns 1 MB cache