[rescue] VAXstation questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue May 13 13:48:26 CDT 2003

Well, it may be all for nothing.... the poor little thing doesn't seem
live anymore....

The power supply spins the fan, but no activity on the 25 pin serial port
....  It has been sitting for a minute or more now with no activity on
the console.

<sigh>.... any ideas, or is this thing probably toast ?

Seems I'm good at getting toasted stuff....

Won 10 "untested" slot 1 procs on ebay.... all 10 bad... way overpaid.
Trying to work something out with the seller, as it is clear I paid
working proc prices for a lot that turned up all dead (this is not a
seller who generally sells untested parts)... I'm hoping we can work
something out, as I bought the stuff to resell to help make a mortgage
payment (currently unemployed)... and now not only am I out that potential
profit, I'm out almost $400.... ARG !

-- Curt